A good canon wide angle lens for astrophotography should have quality, performance and price. Making a purchase decision can be difficult because there are so many things to consider. However, our team has compiled a list of 10 popular and top rated best canon wide angle lens for astrophotography that you can consider if you want to buy one. We hope you will find these items to be helpful and save you time and money.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best canon wide angle lens for astrophotography and choose the one you like the most.
10 Best Canon Wide Angle Lens For Astrophotography You Should Consider In 2022
- Wide angle lens for Canon APS C cameras (equivalent to 38 millimeter on a full frame camera)
- Focal length & maximum aperture: 24 millimeter 1:2.8, maximum magnification of x0.27
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EF S series
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Full time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in One Shot AF mode
- Ultra-wide angle of view on both full frame and APS-C cameras
- Minimum focusing distance of only 0. 9 ft. Focal Length -14 mm
- Excellent construction and superior build quality for razor sharp images
- Features built-in petal type hood
- Super multi-layer coating to reduce flares and ghost images. Closest Focus Distance: 10. 8 inch
- Ultra wide-angle 14mm lens with an approximately 90° angle of view using an APS-C camera, for dramatic effects
- Lens has a minimum focusing distance of 0.9' (28 cm) for enhanced close-up shots. Lens includes a built-in petal-type lens hood.Do not soak the lens in water, and avoid water splashing onto the lens
- Maximum Diameter: 3.4”(87mm). Aperture Range: F2.8 to F22
- Focal Length: 14mm. Mounts : Canon: FE14M-C, Nikon AE: FE14AF-N. Pentax K: FE14M-P. Sony α: FE14M-S, Fuji X: FE14M-FX, Samsung NX: FE14M-NX, Sony E: FE14M-E, Four Thirds: FE14M-O, Micro 4/3: FE14M-MFT, Canon AE : AE14M-C
- The higher and straighter the blue lines, the better the contrast
- Lens not Zoomable
- Prime wide-angle lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 19.2mm, making it ideally suited for architectural and landscape subjects.
- Fast f/2.0 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements and two aspherical elements reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions in order to produce sharper images.
- Compatible with the following cameras - Canon Digital EOS Rebel T1i, T2i, T3, T3i, T4i, T5, T5i, T6, T6i, T6s, T7, T7i, T7s, T8i, SL1, SL2, SL3, EOS 60D, EOS 70D, EOS 77D, EOS 80D, EOS 90D, EOS 50D, EOS 40D, EOS 30D, EOS 5D, EOS1D, EOS5D III, EOS 5D IV, EOS 5Ds, EOS 6D, EOS 6D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 7D Mark II Digital SLR Cameras
- High-power 500mm telephoto focal length - Includes T-mount adapter for digital and 35mm Canon EOS SLR cameras
- High index, low-dispersion multi-coated optical glass to reduce flare
- 2X Teleconverter doubles the power of your lens to 1000mm.
- Filter thread: 67mm
- LENS ATTACHMENT: Easily screws on to the front of your lens, and instantly expands the field of view for breathtaking wide-angle photography. Features a detachable macro lens for extremely high-resolution close-ups of small objects.
- LENS COMPATIBILITIES: Popular 58MM Lens models including Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G, Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/4-5.6 R, Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 12-35mm f/2.8 II, Fujifilm XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS II
- CAMERA MODELS: Canon EOS Rebel T7 T7i T6i T6 T6s T5i T5 T4i T3i T100 SL3 SL2 SL1 90D 80D 77D 70D 1100D 700D 650D 600D 550D 7D Mark II 6D Mark II 5DS 5D Mark II 1D Mark II M3 M5 M6 M10 M50 M100 M200 R RP
- NOTE: PLEASE VERIFY YOUR CAMERA'S LENS THREAD SIZE BEFORE ORDERING. This Wide-Angle is compatible with 58MM lenses only. Lens sizes vary regardless of camera brand or model. Your camera's lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel or printed underneath your lens cap. This number is always preceded by a ''Ø'' (diameter) symbol. For example: Ø58 = 58mm lens thread size.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Backed by Our 90-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Optically constructed of 14 elements in 10 groups (1 Asperical, 1 Hybrid Asperical, 2 ED, 3 High Refractive)
- Aperture range of F2.8 - F22
- Built-in lens hood and a soft lens pouch is included
- Features ultra multi-coated glass and 9 aperture blades
- Angle of view of 115.7 degrees on full frame and 89.9 degrees on APS-C
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continuous move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 80 millimetre effective focal length on APS C cameras, 50 millimetre on full frame cameras. Lens construction: 6 elements in 5 groups
- [Attention Please] In order to provide you with a satisfying experience, please make sure you've READ and UNDERSTAND the below information before purchasing. Please kindly note this Brightin Star camera lens is only used for Mirrorless Camera, NOT for SLR Camera.
- [Note:] This product is a manual lens without an auto-focus function. And the most important thing is to make sure you've set the "release without lens" mode, or your camera may unable to take pictures or videos. If you need any help about tha contact our customer service team directly.
- [Ultra Wide-Angle Fisheye Lens]- Brightin-Star 7.5mm F2.8 has an extraordinary 180° angle of view, and at the same time can minimize picture distortion., such as starry sky, buildings, grasslands, beaches, wilderness, exhibition halls.
- [F2.8 Large Aperture]- The Lens with an industry-leading f/2.8 Aperture, creating perfect Bokeh-Effects, while ensuring that more light can still be obtained in night scenes and dim environments.
- [Sharp Focus & Soft Out-Of-Focus Image Quality]- The lens structure is 11 elements in 9 group, it can make the picture near the focus point sharp and clear when focusing, while ensuring that the picture outside the focus range is soft.
- Full frame compatible with an 18.8 degree angle of view on full frame cameras and a 12.4 angle of view on APS-C cameras
- Rokinon Ultra Multi-Coated (UMC) Optics
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 2.6 ft. with fast apertures of f2.0 - f22
- Features 9 diaphragm blades and includes a removable lens hood
- Includes lens pouch, front and rear lens caps, removable lens hood and 1 year Rokinon warranty
Criteria You Should Consider Before Purchasing The Best Canon Wide Angle Lens For Astrophotography
Before choosing a canon wide angle lens for astrophotography, you should take the following considerations into account.
When it comes to choosing the right product for you, there are a few things to think about. The first is what you need the product for. You might need a car that can go fast, or you might need a product that will help you get through the day. If you need a product that can do both, itï’s best to choose something with multiple uses.
For example, if you want a product that will help you lose weight, you would look for a product that is calorie-free or has low calories. Additionally, you would want a product that is healthy and will help you lose weight. If you want a car that will make your commute easier, you might prefer a small car or an SUV.
In today’s competitive world, it’s important to find the right product for your needs. This guide will help you do just that. You’ll learn about what to look for and how to choose the best product for you.
When youï’re looking at products, itï’s important to compare and contrast them. This will help you make a decision that is best for you. You donï’t have to choose one product over another ï’ you can comparison shop and find the best product for your needs.
On the basis of these criteria, we chose our canon wide angle lens for astrophotography. Is this the last step in our procedure? Certainly not! The most important thing you should know about us is that we are always upgrading our website to ensure that you have access to up-to-date and relevant information. Because reader satisfaction is our main priority, we have a last layer of filtration. And you, the reader, are one of them! Please let us know if any of the canon wide angle lens for astrophotography listed here are incorrect, irrelevant, not up to date, or simply old. Your suggestions are always appreciated, and we’ll do everything we can to update our list as quickly as possible.